1 slice Oatmeal Bread
Canola Oil Spray
12 Boston Lettuce Leaves
12 Pink Grapefruit sections (fresh, jarred, or canned)
12 Thin Avocado slices (about 1/2 medium avocado)
2 Kiwi Fruit, peeled and thinly sliced
12 finely-sliced Green Bell Pepper Rings
1/2 c grapefruit Juice
2 Tbsp Lime Juice
1-2 Tbsp honey, preferably clover
1 Tbsp Fresh Mint Leaves, minced
1 1/2 tsp EVOO
Salt and Black Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. To make croutons, coat one side of bread with cooking spray. Bake on a rack in center of ovenfor 3 minutes, until bread is dry and almost hard in center. Let bread sit 2 minutes. With a serrated knife, cut bread into 1/2-inch cubes and set aside.
3. On each of four salad plates, make a bed using 3 lettuce leaves. Place 3 grapefruit sections and 3 avocado slices in center. Arrange kiwi fruit slices in an overlapping ring around them. Place 3 bell pepper rings over grapefruit and avocado.
4. For the dressing, whisk together in a small bow, the grapefruit and lime juices, 1 Tbsp. of the honey and the mint. Whisk in the oil. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper. Taste and add more honey if needed.
5. To serve, drizzle dressing over top of each salad. Sprinkle one-fourth of the warm croutons over each and serve.
From the American Institute for Cancer Research and Taste for Life Magazine